Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A New Beginning

Today is a scary day...a new beginning. A time and place that I don't remember. I've journaled in the past, and listed for the voice of God as He's spoken to me and revealed Himself to me. But this seems different, more personal. My past is a blank screen to me...most of my early life is a big unknown. Not because there aren't those around who talk about it, or pictures in the photo album. It's a blank page because I've hidden so much, buried the memories deep in my subconscious. There are times that I don't want to remember. But, the reality is, I need to. It's the only way that I'm going to be able to move forward in my life...to have new beginning.

I've only been in this new place for about three weeks. My past three years have been spent in a place far away. A dark place...a place with bars and razor wire. A place where the people watching over you really don't care much about your comfort, or your happiness. Not even your health. But God has allowed me to survive that chapter and has strengthen me as a result of my time in that place. It is one of the experiences...one of the "seasons" that help to define who I am...and who I am becoming.

1 comment:

Loren said...

A new beginning. A new season. Not a new you but a stronger you because you are learning who you are and who God made you to be!

It's those hard seasons that make us strong, the trials, the pain. Walking through the fire and being refined is never easy. But always, always we are stronger on the other side. Never to go back, but at peace with where we are and where we are going.

Keep looking ahead my friend. God will lead you every step of the way!